July 13, 2011

Virgin Mobile Free Fest Lineup Announced

Sup errrrbody!? Today, Richard Branson, king of Virgin Mobile, announced the lineup for the now annual Virgin Mobile Free Fest. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed. There were rumors going around that Foo Fighters were going to play. It seems like Branson & Co. took a cue from the electronic scene that's blowing up right now and put a lot of emphasis on it. Now don't get me wrong, The Black Keys, an amazing blues rock duo is playing. A few other indie bands are playing as well, but Deadmau5 is going to be in attendance and you know what that means? The place will be flooded with mau5heads. I don't like electronic music too much, but sometimes it really hits me. I would have loved to see somebody like Bassnectar on the bill, rather than Mau5. I feel he's more creative and better suited for a festival atmosphere (but I've never seen either, only heard stories so don't listen to me too much (: ). Anyway here's a sick song from the Black Keys newest album "Brothers" to keep you guys happy. Peace and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment