February 1, 2011

Super Bowl Soundtrack

If you live in America, you know there's a pretty big national event coming up this weekend. Yes, that's right, the Super Bowl is this Sunday. Unless you've been living under a rock the last two weeks, you know the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Green Bay Packers will be playing for one of the most coveted trophies in sports, the Vince Lombardi Trophy. I am a Packers fan, so I'm pretty damn excited for this weekend (sorry Oilfield, you're going down!).
    Going through my usual routine of reading news in the world of sports, I came upon this article by ESPN reporter Elizabeth Merrill. Coincidentally, I was also browsing my iTunes to find today's song of the day, trying to find something to fit this dreary northeastern mess. Ms. Merrill, however, brightened my day by telling me my buddy Aaron Rodgers plays guitar. After doing a little more research on the subject, I found a video of Rodgers talking to Fox Sports reporter Laura Okmin on a California beach about playing music and guitar. Little did I know, the guy also started his own record label, Suspended Sunrise Recording, LLC, not exactly the sort of thing you would expect form someone so good at his craft/job. Pretty cool though. So instead of a song, let Aaron Rodgers brighten your day!

<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-us&brand=foxsports&playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:c6ff887f-f8c7-4caa-81de-013064cef82d&showPlaylist=true&from=IV2_en-us_foxsports_videosearch&fg=RAMP" target="_new" title="Profiles: Rodgers' real passion">Video: Profiles: Rodgers' real passion</a><embed>

No comments:

Post a Comment