February 9, 2011

Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down)

Hey all,
I've been pretty busy lately, with the Packers winning the Super Bowl (YEAHHH!) and some other things that took me a while to get off my plate. For today's post I decided to jump off the Jack White/White Stripes model from last week and give an interesting tidbit of music that most people of this generation haven't heard much of unless you were at Bonnaroo when Jack White's other band The Raconteurs played.
Now, most of you probably know this song, or at least some version of it (probably Jessica Simpson's version). The daughter of the great crooner Frank Sinatra, Nancy Sinatra also sang pretty damn well. Today's song is unlike anything Jessica Simpson has ever done. This is a cover of a Cher song, "Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down), but way better than Cher's version.
Sinatra's daughter started her career as an actress and singer, was almost dropped by her label (her father's label), and although she didn't write her own songs, her prowess as a singer is undeniable. This song was relatively unknown until it was featured in renowned director/writer Quentin Tarantino's movie "Kill Bill Volume 1."
Enjoy!

BONUS!! THE RACONTEURS DO BANG BANG! (at leeds)

2 comments:

  1. I don't really get onto blogs all that much...but I like this. You're not snobby about the music you like or anything but you say it how it is. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks a lot! If you like the blog keep checkin it out and following it! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete